The newly released FNS50217 qualification has replaced the FNS50215 qualification.
If you are already enrolled in the FNS50215 qualification and would like us to assist you with a “Transition Plan” towards this new FNS50217 qualification please call us on 1300 765 400 or email email@example.com.
The new FNS50217 Diploma of Accounting reflects professional accounting job roles in financial services and other industries, including BAS Agents, accounts payable and accounts receivable officers, payroll service providers, and employees performing a range of accounting tasks for organisations in a range of industries. Individuals in these roles may apply solutions to a range of problems, and analyse and evaluate information from a variety of sources. They apply initiative to plan, coordinate and evaluate their own work and provide guidance to others within defined guidelines.
Potential career paths:
- BAS Agent
- Payroll Officer
- Receivables Officer
- Cost Accountant
- Trainee Financial Accountant
This course is available as an online course or through distance learning, offering that flexible study-at-home option. Distance learning provides online access plus hard copies of each of the units, which are mailed to you.
You have 12 months for completion of the full course (11 units) or 18 months if the Accounting Principles Skill Set (see below) 6 pre-requisite units are also required. However, as the course is delivered online you may find you are able to progress through your studies in a faster period of time. If studying one unit of competency at a time, the completion deadline is set at 3 months per unit of competency. In either situation, extensions of time are available in blocks of 3 months for an extension fee of $99.
FNSSS00014 Accounting Principles Skill Set (Pre-requisites for FNS50217)
There are 6 units which form the FNSSS00014 Accounting Principles Skill Set and which are pre-requisites to undertaking this new FNS50217 Diploma qualification. These six units constitute the requirements for the Accounting Principles Skill Set. Students must complete or hold the following six units, or their equivalent, all of which can be obtained from the FNS40217 Certificate IV qualification:
- FNSACC311 Process financial transactions and extract interim reports
- FNSACC312 Administer subsidiary accounts and ledgers
- FNSACC408 Work effectively in the accounting and bookkeeping industry
- FNSACC416 Set up and operate a computerised accounting system
- FNSTPB401 Complete business activity and instalment activity statements
- FNSTPB402 Establish and maintain payroll systems;
OR Completion of FNS40615 Certificate IV in Accounting or equivalent;
OR Completion of FNS40215 Certificate IV in Bookkeeping or equivalent.
Diploma containing 11 units:
Online e-learning mode, 11 units – $2,050 full course or $205 per unit
Distance learning, 11 units (hard copy provided + online access) – $2,350 full course + postage or $235 per unit + postage
Postage costs – order one unit at a time, postage is $10; more than one unit postage is $30 each order.
Skills Set / Pre-requisite units (if applicable) containing 6 units:
Online e-learning mode, 6 units – $750 for all 6 units or $165 per unit
Distance learning, 6 units (hard copy provided + online access) – $1,050 for all 6 units + postage or $195 per unit + postage
PACKAGE PRICE – 6 Skills Set Pre-requisite units PLUS 11 Diploma units:
Online e-learning mode package – $2,500 (for 17 units online) – SAVE $300*
Distance learning package $2,800 (for 17 units, hard copy provided + online access) – SAVE $600*
* These package savings are based on the package course fee being paid in full upon commencement
All fees are inclusive of course access, support, assessment and Certificate delivery. There is no GST component. If some units are already held through prior study, individual study units are available. Individual units’ completion time is a maximum of 3 months per unit. Extensions for single units are available after this time, if required, for a cost of $99 for every additional 3 months.
- SUMMARY OF CORE UNITS AND ELECTIVE CHOICES (Unit Chooser form)
- FACT SHEET
- RPL – FNS50217 Recognition of Prior Learning – guide and application form
HOW DO I ENROL:
- Decide if you are going to do one unit at a time or enrol in the full course
- Fill in the Unit Chooser form above where you select your preferred Elective units and determine if you have applicable prior learning
- Click on the Enrol Here button above to enrol online
- Email the Unit Chooser form to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and include, if applicable, any Statements or Transcripts you may have from prior study
- If you need to pay for the course via instalments you will also need to send us the Pay-by-the-month form
- Once we have your enrolment details and your Unit Chooser Form, please allow up to 2 business days for us to process your details and send your links.
Remember, if you have completed relevant units of study previously, please also send us your Statement/Transcripts so we can allocate Credit Transfer to you for those units.
CENTRELINK ASSISTANCE – NFI’s courses may be approved for Centrelink Student related payments. Generally trainees are required to enrol in and undertake a course on a full-time basis and make satisfactory progress toward completing their course. Students who wish to study part-time should contact Centrelink to determine if assistance is available. This course is Centrelink approved. Click here for information on what Government financial assistance may be available to you.
Back to Course Index Page